You and your family's safety is very important to us and while there are Lifeguards on hand we ask you to follow these steps to help ensure your safety in and around our aquatic areas <br /> Please adhere to our WATCH AROUND WATER policy<br /> Children under 5 years MUST be WITHIN ARMS REACH at all times, inclusive of the toddler pool <br /> Children between 5 and 9 years MUST be ACTIVELY SUPERVISED at all times (by a parent or gaurdian 16 years and over), please put your phone, laptop, book etc away and concentrate on your child
Watch Around Water
Belgrave Heated Outdoor Pool is a Watch Around Water facility. This program was developed by Aquatics & Recreation Victoria and Life Saving Victoria to:
- Educate the public about adequate supervision
- Encourage parent/guardians to take on this responsibility when visiting a public aquatic facility.
Therefore, the following safe supervision policies must be adhered to:
Children Under 5 Years Old
- Will be issued a pink wristband from reception upon entry.
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times INCLUSIVE of the toddler pool
Children Under 10 Years Old
- Will be issued a yellow wristband from reception upon entry.
- Children under 10 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years or over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 10 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian while in the aquatic area of the centre.
- The parent/guardian must position himself or herself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child and no distractions such as phones, laptops, books etc
Children 10 Years and Older
- For children 10 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of supervision required, particularly if sending their child to the pool alone or with their peer group
- Parent /guardians are not required to be present in the centre.
- Tell a staff member if you are a Non-Swimmer, we’re here to help!
- It’s ok to admit you are a non-swimmer, be recognised and survive
- Wear a water safety orange wrist band while in the water to be recognised by lifeguards
- Swim within safe depths according to your ability
- Never swim in deep water if you are a Non-Swimmer
- Be aware of drop zones in pools and abrupt depth change areas
- Swim with a friend or companion
You can also get a copy of this policy in Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic or Sudanese-Arabic below.
If you wish to improve your swimming ability to be safe in and around water, please contact us.